Well Workplaces Work Better
Achieving and maintaining positive workplace mental health and wellbeing is an essential component of a healthy, safe and productive workplace.
- One in five New Zealanders will experience mental illness this year
- Nearly 50% of the New Zealand population will experience some kind of mental health problem during their lifetime
Investing in a mentally healthy workplace makes good business sense.
A recent Harvard Business Review study found that happy employees have, on average: 31% higher productivity; their sales are 37% higher; and their creativity is three times higher. Conversely mentally unwell employees showed significantly higher levels of sick leave, injuries, workplace conflict and personal grievance.
How WellBeing@Work Oranga Mahi helps businesses
WellBeing@Work Oranga Mahi is a compact, professionally delivered programme that integrates easily into your organisation and enables businesses to:
- Work with staff experiencing mental distress, including assisting them to return to work and putting mutually agreed wellness plans into place
- Strengthen the workplace environment to sustain positive and productive mental health
- Assist companies to meet current health and safety and other statutory obligations
- Access high-quality healthy workplace resources
Join with other business leaders and major organisations using WellBeing@Work to build healthier more connected workplaces that work better for everyone.
Why be involved?
- Workplaces that achieve WellBeing@Work Oranga Mahi accreditation are recognised as providing a workplace that empowers staff to know how to support each other's wellbeing.
- Join with other businesses leaders and major organisations who are leading the way in adopting wellbeing initiatives designed specifically for the workplace.
Your first step
Contact us to find out how you can add WellBeing@Work Oranga Mahi to your strategic toolbox.
WellBeing@Work Oranga Mahi
Health Action Trust
26 New Street, Nelson
03 5482798 ext. 5 email@example.com